The Latest Flooring Trends That Will Add Value to Your Home
As home values steadily rise, many people are making more considered decisions regarding home improvements, repairs, or remodels. This is especially true when it comes to flooring. Today, we will review some of the latest flooring trends that will add value to your home, whether or not you’re interested in attracting potential buyers.
As you review the options, please remember that the value added to your home will depend on the specific flooring options that are popular in your area and, of course, the quality of its installation.
- Luxury Vinyl Tile (LVT) and Luxury Vinyl Plank (LVP) – A versatile, durable, and affordable option that mimics the look of natural materials such as wood and stone.
- Solid Hardwood – A timeless and classic choice that increases the value of your home.
- Engineered Wood Flooring – A more stable alternative to solid hardwood that offers the same aesthetic appeal.
- Porcelain and Ceramic Tiles – A low-maintenance option that comes in various designs and styles, perfect for high-traffic areas such as the kitchen and bathroom.
- Natural Stone – A classic and very durable choice for any home.
- Luxury Carpeting – This is a popular choice for bedrooms and living rooms in Texas because of its softness and warmth. With a wide range of colors and textures, carpet is a great way to add comfort and style to your home.
How Area Rugs Can Be a Surprising Upgrade
Area rugs can be a simple and cost-effective solution for people who want to enhance the value of their homes. This can be accomplished in several ways.
- Aesthetic appeal: Area rugs can add texture, color, and pattern to a room; they come in a wide range of styles, shapes, and materials, allowing you to choose one that complements your home’s decor.
- Protection: Area rugs can protect your flooring from scratches, dents, and spills. They also reduce the wear and tear on your flooring, helping it last longer and maintain its beauty.
- Increased comfort: Area rugs can provide a comfortable and cozy feel underfoot, especially in high-traffic areas such as the living room or bedroom. They can also help reduce noise in a room, making it more comfortable and peaceful.
- Versatility: Area rugs are a versatile decorating tool that can be used to define spaces, create a focal point, and add visual interest to a room, like a dining room. They can also be easily changed or moved to adapt to your home’s decor or layout changes.
Please add a non-slip pad if the area rug you choose doesn’t have a non-slip base. An area rug that becomes a tripping hazard is not the first impression a prospective home buyer wants.
Black and White Vs. Neutral Colors
Black and white are classic color choices that never go out of style. These contrasting colors add a modern touch to any home and an element of sophistication.
- Black and White Kitchen: A black and white kitchen is a perfect way to add a sense of modernity to your home. Black and white tiles for the floor can be a dramatic addition to your kitchen cabinets.
- Bathroom: A black and white bathroom adds sophistication and luxury. The floor and shower area may be the best places for black and white porcelain tiles arranged in simple or geometric patterns.
- Painting: One of the simplest and most affordable ways to add value to your home is by painting your walls. Consider painting an accent wall black and the other walls white. Set against an all-white or all-black floor, walls painted this way are a popular choice in the design world.
Neutral colors, especially regarding flooring, are not quite as bold a choice as a black-and-white theme. However, interior designers find neutral colors their most versatile color palette.
- Increased appeal: Neutral colors are a safe and popular choice for home buyers, as they are easy to live with and can complement various decor styles.
- Increased flexibility: Neutral colors are versatile and can be easily paired with other colors, making it easy to change the look of your home over time. This can be especially helpful for those who like to redecorate frequently or want to make their home look more current and up-to-date.
- Increased light: Neutral colors can help make a room look lighter and brighter by reflecting light and making the space more open and airy. This can be especially helpful in small or dark rooms, making them look and feel larger.
- Increased calmness: Neutral colors have a calming effect, making a space feel more relaxing and inviting. They can help create a peaceful and stress-free environment.
A Special Note About White Oak
White oak is not necessarily white, and red oak is not red. In fact, even in their raw form, white oak and red oak are indistinguishable from each other to all but the most experienced wood experts. Once stained and finished with a protective coating, they can look identical.
However, white oak is a more expensive option because of its resistance to water absorption. Solid white oak flooring is the preferred choice in rooms with high moisture and in areas of high humidity.
Durable Flooring That’s Eco-Friendly
Today, consumers insist on durable products that are also eco-friendly. The good news is that many of the flooring options available today fulfill both needs. Here are some you may not have thought of before.
- Linoleum: Linoleum is made from natural materials such as linseed oil, cork dust, and wood flour, making it a durable and eco-friendly flooring option.
- Reclaimed Wood: Reclaimed wood flooring is made from salvaged or recycled wood that would otherwise go to waste. This type of flooring is eco-friendly and also adds character and warmth to a room.
- Recycled Glass Tiles: Recycled glass tiles are made from recycled glass and are a great option for those who want to use sustainable materials in their home. These tiles are also durable and come in a range of colors and designs.
Start Planning Your Upgrade Today
If you’re within driving distance of the Dallas-Forth Worth area, come visit us at Flooring Direct. Our flooring experts will help you have a look at all the options and answer any questions you may have.
Or, if you prefer, we can come to you. Just make an appointment, and we’ll bring the flooring samples to you so you can see what they’ll look like right there in your own home. It’s the easiest way to shop for new flooring, try out the latest flooring trends and see how they would look and feel in your home. More and more people enjoy the convenience of shop at home flooring, so make your appointment today!